Covid Vaccine Boosters
If you are over 40 years old and have had your second covid vaccination 3 months ago, or more, you are eligible to book in for your covid booster vaccine. Please call our reception team on 01634949300 to book this in.
Urgent and acute appointments should be requested via the newly re-introduced telephone triage system by ringing the practice in the morning on 01634 949300. Telephone lines are open from 8.00am. e-Consults should be completed and submitted for routine appointment requests only. From 08/11/2021 e-Consult times will be changing slightly, the new opening times will be:
Monday: 7:30am - 1:00pm / Tuesday to Thursday: 7:30am - 2:00pm / Friday: 7:30am to 1:00pm
New Telephone System Implementation -
The practice has now moved over to a new telephone system offering one telephone number regardless of which site you ring. Patients can now ring 01634 949300 and press the relevant option to be put through to a specific team.
Influenza, pneumonia + shingles (Please do not submit an eConsult for vaccinations). The practice will keep you updated as to when our flu vaccination programme will begin. Please keep checking the website for further updates.
Please click below to access our September Patient Newsletter:
September Patient Newsletter
Welcome to our Practice. We operate under a Zero Tolerance Policy
Requests for medical advice from a GP are only available between the below stated times:
Monday: 7:30am - 1:00pm
Tuesday to Thursday: 7:30am - 2:00pm
Friday: 7:30am to 1:00pm
Self-help information remains available 24/7.
If your issue is about a rash or other skin problems, please try to provide a photo when submitting your eConsult enquiry as this will help the clinician in dealing with your problem. Before you start your eConsult, please see below the exclusions for this service.
eConsult: Important Information: Please Read
Please DO NOT use eConsult for the following requests but continue to telephone the practice in the usual way:-
- Patients requesting a Home Visit or residing in a residential/nursing home
- Repeat prescription requests or medication queries. We will not process any medication requests through eConsult.
- Test result requests
- Nursing/Heath Care Assistant appointments including blood tests, suspected UTIs
- Minor Surgery; Coil/implant insertions/removals and pessary ring changes; Post- natals; Medicals;
- Children under the age of 6 months.
- Any general COVID-19 queries or requests to book a COVID-19 vaccination. This does not include patients seeking medical advice in regards to COVID-19.
eConsult can also be accessed via the App on your Smart phone. Click on the Book Appointment button
For further information about eConsult, please click here: eConsult
Accessing your GP Practice - a message from the Partners:
We are aware there are significant problems getting through to us on the phone. We are sorry this is the case and would like to explain a little about why that is.
Many GP surgeries across the country are in a similar position. We understand how frustrating it can be for it to take longer than normal.
We would like to reassure you we are working hard to resolve the situation.
There are three things that are challenging us:
- There has been an unprecedented post-lockdown increase in demand. Part of this is because many of our patients have been managing health issues themselves rather than contacting their doctor over the last year and some hospital procedures and appointments have been necessarily delayed. As confidence in general is returning, patients are now quite rightly contacting us.
- We have been heavily involved in delivering the country’s largest ever vaccination campaign.
- We have had to change the way we work to keep things safe for our patients and our staff.
What can you do to help?
- Choose well – can the pharmacy help your symptoms? Call 111 if you are unsure which sort of treatment you need. You can also go online 111.nhs.uk
- Download the NHS app. You can use this to book and cancel appointments and order repeat prescriptions.
- Use our online consultation system, if you are able to.
- Cancel appointments you no longer need.
It’s useful to remember our teams are on the front line and see both the best and the worst of us all. They work incredibly hard to help patients navigate the system, but may not be able to offer you exactly what you want at all times.
Please be patient and courteous, they want to find the best solution as much as you do.
We are grateful for your understanding.
Zero Tolerance Policy
The practice fully supports the NHS Zero Tolerance Policy. The aim of this policy is to ensure that doctors and all other staff have a right to care for others without fear of being attacked or abused.
We understand that ill patients do not always act in a reasonable manner and will take this into consideration when trying to deal with a misunderstanding or complaint. We ask you to treat your doctors and all other staff courteously and act reasonably.
All incidents of unreasonable behaviour will be followed up and you will be sent a formal warning. Should a second incident occurr you will receive a final warning that if it is repeated you will be removed from the practice list.
Aggressive behaviour, be it violent or verbal abusive, will not be tolerated and may result in you being removed from the Practice list immediately and in extreme cases reported to the Police.
On 20th May 2021, the Institute of General Practice Management (IGPM) launched their campaign, "If I die it will be your fault", to end all abuse towards General Practice staff.
CORONAVIRUS INFORMATION FOR PATIENTS
COVID-19 VACCINATION INFORMATION FOR PATIENTS
(Site updated 02/12/2021)